My name is Kurtis and I'm a designer with Stack Exchange. You may have noticed some updates to the design of your site. The updates are part of a SE network-wide update to a new base css framework. The updates allow us to:
- Use .svg sprites for retina displays
- Fix layout bugs
- More easily add new features to all of our sites in the future
If you see any bugs please let us know.
Thank you for your feedback. So far we've made a few adjustments based on the comments and answers below:
- Logo: We've removed the dots in the halos. That seemed to be causing the pixelation people were seeing. The simplification of gradients on the logo was intentional as we're moving to a flatter, simpler aesthetic. This is also a practical decision — It allows us to use .svg's and the file size is smaller without gradients.
- Header: We've reduced the height of the header. The question list now starts around the same place it does on Stack Overflow.
- Visited Link Color: We've dulled the color of the visited link to differentiate it more from the unvisited.