From this page: http://blog.stackexchange.com/2011/06/blog-overflow/. Feel free to edit this.
Define the scope and purpose of the blog.
This blog will cover the same topics discussed on webmasters.se.
What will this blog be about
- search engine algorithm updates
- cool new tools that are released
- question of the week/month
- Interviews with active users of webmasters.se
- an article about designing for humans, not search engines (http://chat.stackexchange.com/transcript/message/3582587#3582587)
- webmasters.se news (from chat)
- what's on topic and off topic on this site - e.g. HTML offtopic, detailed servers stuff, offtopic, SEO - ontopic
- how name registration and dns work to help with tracking down problems
- tracking down htaccess problems
- how to create, administer, and deploy site updates without downtime
- add your ideas to this list. Here is a good list that we can work off of: Soliciting Ideas for Monthly Topics - 2012
- paulmorriss (expressed interest in chat)
- add your name to this list if your interested in writing for this blog
Plan a schedule.
I think that once a week is reasonable. Mayby more, if a lot of people are interested in writing posts for the blog, or if there is a lot of news.
I created a chat room so we can talk about the blog. feel free to use it.