- The mod_rewrite problem
- What is the line between a "pro webmaster" question and a...well, not "pro webmaster" question?
and the FAQ:
Pro Webmasters - Stack Exchange is for professional and enthusiast webmasters. If your question generally covers the operation of websites which you control, then you're in the right place to ask your question!
I propose a new definition of what belongs here, and what does not:
Categorising a pro webmaster question is very simple. Consider the following typical scenario: a paid hosting environment (either IIS or Apache, Windows or Linux, whatever).
- If it's something YOU can do without getting your host involved, then YES it belongs
- If it's something YOU can't do and need to get your host involved, then NO it's not for pro webmasters and should be closed or migrated
- Help me with this mod_rewrite rule - BELONGS
- How do I install mod_rewrite - DOES NOT BELONG
- What is the IIS equivalent of mod_rewrite - DOES NOT BELONG
- How do I convert this mod_rewrite rule to an IIS rewrite - BELONGS
- How do I get my server accessible from the internet - DOES NOT BELONG
- I've broken my internet accessibility by changing the .htaccess - BELONGS