ServerFault has been a very popular place to ask mod_rewrite questions. We get a lot of them. I'm not an apache guru so I can't speak to how we'll they've been answered, but it has struck a couple of us that ProWebmasters would be a better place for some of them. Getting some of them moved over here may increase visibility of Webmasters, which is not a bad thing.
I suspect a good number of the mod_rewrite questions we get would get better service over here.
Some example questions:
- mod-rewrite sub-domains -- Question history suggests he is more of a web-tech person, but the question itself is (to my mind at least) fairly technical for mod_rewrite.
- Apache URL rewrite for subdomain pointing to an existing virtual server resource? -- Obviously new user to SF, but getting mixed up in some basic mod_rewrite stuff.
- mod_rewrite: redirect from subdomain to main domain -- Another variation on the topic of serving multiple domains from a single directory. Also, another brand new user to SF.
- Apache, Mod_Rewrite, .htaccess, Rewrite urls behind mod_proxy -- An unanswered question from a user whose question history suggests they do a lot of webmastering.
- Broken .htaccess -- mod_rewrite in .htaccess.
You know your userbase far, far better than we do. I don't want us moving stuff that's inappropriate. Perhaps it's too low level for here, and that's OK. Or maybe you WANT this traffic. Do any of these questions belong here?