I think it would be useful to have a tag for placeholder pages, i.e., pages that are "under development", announce a launch ("coming soon"), or show one of those classy construction GIFs like it’s 1995.
Quick list of example questions (no detail check done yet, will be done before possibly adding the tag):
- Should I block crawling on my site until it's finished?
- Should I notify 'under construction' websites to crawlers? If yes how?
- Does a 'Under Construction' notice impacts site ranking negatively?
- Under construction page bad for SEO?
- default namecheap "under construction" homepage and SEO
- Is it wise to use a country-based tld when a .com already exists, but is "Under Construction"?
- Redirect all traffic to construction page except my IP in .htaccess
- How to prevent Google (and others) from indexing the site under construction?
- "Coming soon" pages & SEO
- Should I create a 'Website coming soon' page for my recently-acquired domain?
I’ll be happy to add the tag (and apply other needed edits), but what name should it have?
For short-lived pages (e.g., while installing updates), we have the tag site-maintenance.
For launching (again), we have the tag launch.