I can see a similar question was asked 3 years ago and wondering if this topic should be revisited.
Does LEGAL related questions belong on Pro Webmasters, these would include:
- Trademark Infringement
- State Laws
- Country Laws
- Region Laws (i.e Europe)
I personally strongly against anything legal on Pro Webmasters for several reasons:
- I do not believe we have a community for these type of questions.
- Questions regarding legal issues are often low quality, broad and promote extended discussion.
- Answers are generally low quality, non-fact and often speculation.
- Legal is an absolutely huge topic and it changes from country to country, one answer for one country may be true and then false for another.
- We have a huge percentage of unanswered legal related questions.
What I recommend:
- We have a closure reason for anything law, infringement or copyright.
- Users can be refereed to https://law.stackexchange.com/ or seek appropriate legal advice from a face to face legal advisor.