Welcome to Stack Exchange Pro Webmasters, a community-driven, free Q&A community for webmasters, part of the Stack Exchange network.
What should I ask here?
- Questions regarding the management of a site under your control
- Problems or questions you've encountered
What shouldn't I ask here?
- Anything not related to the management of a site
- Questions or problems about/with sites not under your control
- Questions seeking recommendations for third-party resources and tools
- Questions that will attract primarily opinion-based answers
- Questions that are too broad to be answered specifically in a few paragraphs or less
To give you a better idea of what you should and shouldn't ask, here are a few examples of good questions:
- How do I find excessively suppressed redirects in MediaWiki?
- Serving WordPress menu links in only HTTPS or HTTP depending on how it's accessed
And here's a list of questions that weren't well-received by the community:
If you're an existing user, what would you advise to new users? Please post it as an answer below. Please post each suggestion individually (so if you have multiple suggestions, post multiple answers).
Please refer to the general Stack Exchange introduction for more information about the concept of this site, and Q&A sites in general.
Note: This 'post' is meant for new users. I saw this on multiple other StackExchange sites and thought Pro Webmasters should have a post like this too. So here it is!